Monday, June 3, 2013

Why start writing a blog? Isn’t there enough trite, opinionated bullshit out there to pollute the interwebs until the eventual demise of humankind? Is there any opinion you haven’t heard or discourse you’ve not debated? Is our attention span whittled down to a degree that, unless an idea can be summarized with a meme or tweet or faux inspirational poster it suddenly appears too bloated or cumbersome to engage?
Frankly, I don’t really give a shit.
Maybe I’m being pretentious in calling this blog “Out of Step.”  Like some Portland hipster trying so hard not to be like all the other Portland hipsters they end up the epitome of all the other Portland hipsters.
“I’m different! See! look how different I am!! I compost! I only shop at the Saturday Market! I liked vinyl way before it was cool again!”
And in saying so fall in line. Wax your mustache. Brew your beer. Write your blog.
So what’s my point? I don’t have one. I am a professional writer—albeit of the technical nature. So to keep from going blind with boredom, I have opted to share my musings on life here. There’s not much use for snarky one-liners or verbose rants on the raw food movement (not that I really care about the raw food movement) when cobbling together instructions for troubleshooting an aircraft guidance system (yes, that’s what pays the bills.)
Hence, I vomit forth upon the page. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment